Emily Forne

P1010125.JPG

I am hugely excited to be part of the team at Shotover Primary School. I grew up in Christchurch and studied geography and English at the University of Canterbury. 

After completing my degree I spent a year travelling by bike around Europe and then settled in Norway for three years where I worked at an International School. I returned to Christchurch and completed my teaching qualification with the New Zealand Graduate School and have taught in Christchurch for the past three years. 

As a teacher I am passionate about developing children’s self esteem and confidence through real-life, hands-on experiences. I love to see the children becoming creative, self-managing learners. I believe the innovative environment and pedagogy at Shotover Primary School, as well as the stunning natural surroundings, mean the doors are wide open to engage learners in new and exciting ways.  

The outdoors have always been an important part of my life and my summers are often spent tramping, kayaking and biking around the South Island. I love the challenge of competing in the navigation sports of orienteering, rogaining and adventure racing. You might also catch me with a paintbrush in hand if I ever have a free moment!